Judged in October by professional tasters assembled at the Novotel Hotel in London Bridge, UK.
Our London Dry Style gin with subtle evergreen flavour and aroma of juniper and chamomile has just been given its third award! The Gin Masters competition has taken place to find and reward the finest gin brands on the world stage.
Chaired by The Spirits Business and a panel of leading spirits specialists, the spirits were enjoyed in a blind tasting to discover the Gin Masters of 2021 . With 500 plus entries, the competition was tougher than ever and we’re proud to reveal Jones Distilling was the only distillery in Canada to get an award this year, securing gold!
Jones Distilling: Revelstoke Premium Gin No.1 Gold
This gin is designed to appeal to both new and veteran gin drinkers alike. It isn’t heavy on the pine aroma or flavour, but enough to still recognize it as a gin. The brightness of the three citrus fruits shines through and is carefully balanced with coriander and calming chamomile. If you’re looking for something to impress your guests this Christmas, treat yourself to a Revelstoke Gin No.1 Cocktail, The North:
The North by @Tenderpours via Instagram
Nothing screams Christmas more than the sweet citrus notes of orange combined with a spicy nutty finish. The bright juniper combined with intense orange notes in this drink is nothing less than delicious.
- 2 oz Revelstoke Premium Gin No. 1
- 1 oz Mandarine Napoleon
- 1 oz Toasted Sesame Cashew Orgeat
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 oz Egg White
- 2 Drops Smoked Peppercorn Tincture
- Orange Zest
Method: Dry / Wet Shake - Garnish with orange zest.
Find us in liquor stores across Canada or purchase our 700ml Revelstoke Gin No.1 online at www.jonesdistilling.com for just $51.49.
More details on the Gin Masters Competition and what makes it such a well-respected global spirits competition:
- All of the Global Spirits Masters competitions are judged blind by some of the finest palates in the industry, including leading distributors, educators and bartenders.
- The Global Spirits Masters is the only blind-tasting competition that exclusively uses independent judges, free of any ties to specific brands.
- Our expert tasters are chosen according to their expertise in each category
- The judging takes place under strict conditions to guarantee complete impartiality and a fair score for each entrant
- Products are assessed blind in numbered copita tasting glasses, which are poured at a distance from the judging panels
- Each entry is marked on appearance, aroma, palate and overall balance